Sunday 14 September 2008

Knitted I am.


What do you think of this little Yoda !

My little Jedi was thrilled with him. I loved making him, especially as it only took a few hours and takes up very little yarn. This great pattern is by Raynour at Jellybum on Etsy and is available here for anyone who wants one.


Yesterday we actually had a sunny day here! So we made sure it was spent outside. We took a trip to Castle Espie a Wetland centre on the shores of Strangford Lough. This weekend was their Lifestyle Green show. We had such a great day watching and feeding the birds.

We took part in a tree naming competition and bought a book on identifying trees.

Which came in helpful on Dad an O 's walk in Donard Forest this morning.

Yesterday we also tried wood turning and willow sculpture.


I loved the willow sculpture and the the kids got so involved that they didn't want to leave. I think they enjoyed it so much because it involved a certain amount of engineering as well as dexterity and design. Skills that I would love to encourage my children to develop. So I'm planning to try making some for our garden with the help of the children.

All in all a lovely day walking and playing in the trees and watching the birds.

9 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Your Yoda is fantastic - really made me smile! And it sounds like you had a great day out yesterday! Lucy x

mayaluna said...

What a wonderful day. I'd love to learn how to work with willow...I think my son would enjoy it also. Most of all, I think he'd love that fantastic Yoda of yours. He's so done with softies...but this is one he'd be excited about. I haven't learned to crochet yet, so I was so happy to see he was knit. Stop over at maya*made when you get a chance...there's a message for you...:)

Jane said...

Love your YODA! You are so talented!
~jane

FancyPants-design said...

Oh I love that knitted Yoda!! So cute!!

Bobbi said...

Oh my goodness! I am so in love with your little Yoda. My 7 yr old son has become a huge Star Wars fan. Hw would love something like that!

Melissa Goodsell said...

Yoda is GORGEOUS Cele!
I love the photos from your day too,
Melx

Kelly Fletcher said...

Sounds like a good day out. Your little Yoda is so cool! Nicely made.

Unknown said...

Your blog is just bursting with creativity today!! I love it! Yoda is the cutest little knitted creature!!!

Anonymous said...

Yoda is quite adorable and what a fantastic day out you had. I love going to the woods, even though my boys are now teenagers they seem to revert to childhood straight away messing about and climbing trees etc