Wednesday 24 February 2010

My Bread and Butter





I don't often talk about my day to day job on my blog. This is mainly due to the confidential nature of Midwifery.
Some days my job is busy and there can be stressful times.
However the good days far out weigh the sad and difficult days.
I can honestly say that I Love my job.
I thought I'd share this amazing animation called "Mother of many" by Emma Lazenby to let you see what I do on a day to day basis.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.




I especially love how the midwife appears to draw the outline of the baby when she is palpating the mothers abdomen. I have always imagined that this is what I am doing when I am trying to find the position of a yet unborn baby.
The little sigh that the midwife gives at the end is just perfect.
I'm smiling just thinking about it.
You can find the complete animation here.



7 comments:

dottycookie said...

I think all midwives are amazing. You make such a difference in the experience of women during pregnancy and delivery - thank you!!!

Cele said...

Thanks :)
Women are pretty amazing if you ask me.

Angela said...

Perfection. What a wonderful video, and what a wonderful job you do!

claire said...

It's a lovely job that you do and it's even more wonderful that you love your job! Thanks for stopping by my blog & enjoy your weekend!

syko kajsa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love the video you posted, the sounds seem so right, I think, even if the video is short and they are very gentle. You have a very special job and I am glad to hear that you love what you do!

Love you banner too :)

Amy Prior said...

How adorable is your blog- your banner makes me smile! I think nurses and midwives are all angels x

anamama said...

What a beautiful video. I loved the content as well as the illustrations. Thank you so much for sharing it!
I so wish you could be my midwife!!!!!!!!!!!