Wednesday 30 July 2008

Flower pin cushions and Teeny Tiny patchwork

Recently I have been enjoying the flower pin cushion pattern by the wonderful Anna Maria Horner.

I've now discovered via her blog that its available FREE ! at Better Homes and Gardens.

How Great !
Now everyone can make one.

















I made the purple polkadot version for my lovely sister in law and kept the red dotty one for myself to match the needlebook I made.




The tiny patchwork is all paper pieced and sewn by hand. The inspiration came from this book .



Which is available here.

Believe me its really adictive and grows more quickly than you would imagine. I used a free online Graphpaper Generator to create my small paper peicing and found it really handy.

Because I enjoyed the tiny piecing so much I set up a Flickr group Teeny Tiny Patchwork to see the minature patchwork that other crafters had been doing.

Please take a look there are some beautiful pieces and feel free to join and add your own I'd love to see it.


Jane has made a beautiful version of the flower pin cushion and just look at the delicate tiny patchwork from Prairie Mouse and Red Thimble.

3 comments:

hannah said...

Thank you again for my pincushion, I love it! was admiring it again earlier today. It was lovely to see you all last week too. xx

Kelly Fletcher said...

Wow. Another thing to try my hand at... so much to stitch, so little time. I love your red version - and the matching needle book.

Unknown said...

I have been eyeing this very same Japanese craft book! What pretty things you have made! I love the hexagon quilt. Thank you so very much for the graph paper generator link! I have been wanting one of these!!!
~Emily